It’s time for “Fit Friday Finds!” Whether it’s a quick trick for a healthy meal, a fun new workout, or an awesome fit blog I found, I’ll be bringing you my favorite finds of the week.
Fit Find #1: Tabata Workouts
- Tabata workouts are a type of HIIT (high intensity interval training) that will seriously save you time and seriously kick your butt! I discovered these a few weeks ago and I love them because A) you can do them anywhere without any equipment, B) they’re easy to customize, and C) they only take about 15-20 minutes to get in a serious workout!
- The trick is intensity. You’ve got to go as hard as you can for the four minutes of Tabata to get the results! (See what Shape says about the “four-minute fat-burning workout.“
- Here is one of my favorite tabata combos…
- Level up this workout by… adding another full set of a tabata. (I’d recommend a high knees & plank with elbow punches combo.) You’re still done under 20 minutes!
- Level down this workout by… take out a full set of tabata OR replace the exercises with easier ones. (This means no burpees for you! — Those are definitely my hardest fitness challenge!)
Fit Find #2: IntervalTimer app
- This free app allows you to set your own high and low intervals, so you know when it’s time to move to the next exercise. You can even set it so a timer goes off to remind you it’s time to move on. I love it!
Happy Friday, ya’ll! I have a busy weekend ahead, including my 15K race on Sunday! Unfortunately, the weather is looking pretty cold and rainy 😦 — any good tips for racing in pretty heavy rain?