Well, the biggest success of my weekend was definitely getting out to run again! After a yummy bowl of oats yesterday morning, I went out for a three miler and went out again this morning for a four miler + quick strengthening workout. It feels great to finally be back out and running!
Yesterday was a day full of errands, but I did stop to make this Italian-inspired vegetable pasta bowl! Recipe to come your way tomorrow 🙂
After I ran some more errands this morning, Andy & I went to TGI Friday’s for a late lunch. We got a gift card for our wedding and haven’t used it yet, so I was pretty excited! I was even more excited when we got there and found that they had a “Pick 2 for $10” special. I got a (full-sized!) Spinach Florentine Flatbread & Chicken Bruschetta Pasta…
They were both incredibly good, and I still have half for tomorrow. Andy also got a 2 for $10 deal, so we got out of there with a $20 bill and leftovers for a second meal! I’m still full and am planning on having a nice big salad for dinner to balance out the heaviness of lunch…
And now, what I was really excited to share with ya’ll! One of the ladies in my Life Group had surgery last week, so I’m planning to drop off dinner for her and her family tomorrow. I wanted to take a fun little dessert as well, so I spent some time experimenting this afternoon and came up with these…how cute are they?!
S’Mores Brownie Cupcakes
- 1 low-fat brownie mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 8 sheets of low-fat graham crackers
- 1 package of marshmallows
- 2 Tb. butter
- Chocolate syrup to top
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake tin and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package
- Next, take four or five sheets of graham crackers, place in a ziploc bag, and crush into small pieces.
- Melt butter in microwave and combine melted butter with graham cracker pieces until well combined.
- Place thin layer of graham cracker mix onto bottom of each cupcake liner. Next, pour brownie mix on top of graham crackers and fill until about halfway full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows. Return to oven for about three minutes or until marshmallows are melted.
- While marshmallows are melting, take remaining graham crackers and break into small squares (about eight squares per graham cracker sheet). Set aside.
- Remove from oven and place small graham cracker piece in middle of cupcake. Cool on wire rack for about ten minutes and then drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
How to “level up” this recipe
- Make your own low-fat brownies instead of using a mix! Here’s a great low-fat brownie mix recipe that I’ve used before.
- You can leave out the chocolate syrup on top. Consider chopping up some dark chocolate and sprinkling the top with that instead.
How to “level down” this recipe
- Use a regular brownie mix or add in a handful of chocolate chips to pump up the fudge-y flavor.
One more thing…remember when I told you I was attempting a crockpot recipe yesterday? Well, it was so successful that I’m making it again tomorrow! Not only was it a hit, but it was also super simple — four ingredients! So, as promised, I’ll share the recipe a little later this week…
Have an awesome Monday!