This morning started out with a super early workout, and it sure was a good one! It looked a little something like this…
For my one minute of cardio, I switched it up between jumping jacks, high kicks, and high knees. You can also do butt kicks, flying lunges, burpees, or anything else that gets your heart rate up!
After my ab workout, I hit the park for a leisurely four mile run at a 8:16 pace. It felt great!
Today’s lunch consisted of a Whole Wheat Apple Wrap and it was good, but nothing special. Yesterday’s lunch, however, was VERY special and beyond good. Check out this yummy little creation…
When I was prepping my lunch on Monday, I had some extra avocado I needed to use up and wasn’t feeling guacamole. What to do, what to do?
Here’s what I came up with…
Easy Mexican tortilla pizza
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tb. mashed avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c. reduced-fat cheese (I used a blend of mozzarella & Monteray Jack.)
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Chopped cilantro (to taste)
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped tomatoes, red onion, and red pepper. Cook for about three minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay out your whole wheat tortilla and spread avocado on top. Sprinkle with lime juice (to help prevent avocado from browning…this is especially important if you’re not going to eat it right away!).
- Spread your 1/4 c. cheese and cooked vegetables over top of tortilla.
- Return tortilla to pan until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and serve with salsa, if desired.
How to “level up” this recipe:
- For some added protein, feel free to add some black beans, shredded chicken, or ground turkey.
How to “level down” this recipe:
- Use a white or corn tortilla instead of the whole wheat.
- If you don’t like avocado or don’t have any on hand, use a thin layer of salsa on top of your tortilla.
- Not a veggie lover? Leave off whatever you don’t like and replace with a protein, like chicken, ground turkey, or ground (lean) beef.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired
Have you subscribed to Levels yet? Get the latest recipes & workouts from Levels delivered right to your inbox by scrolling up and clicking “follow” under Let’s Connect. Go!