Remember when I mentioned I was trying out a new crockpot recipe this weekend? I haven’t had much success in the past, but this one looked pretty easy, so I wanted to give it a try.
The result? It was so successful that I ended up making it again this week! It was husband-approved, so I was more than happy to whip up another batch🙂
Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
(Adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff)
- 4-6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of Frank’s Wings Buffalo Sauce (12 oz.)
- 1 packet of ranch dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8-10 Kaiser rolls
- Place chicken in crockpot. Pour wings sauce and ranch dip seasoning over top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot, shred, and return to crockpot with small amount of butter. Stir.
- Cook on LOW for about one hour.
- Serve on Kaiser roll.
Super easy! I’m actually not a huge fan of buffalo sauce, but I’m looking forward to trying this again with some BBQ sauce instead.
How to “level up” this recipe:
- You know me — I looked for a good recipe for homemade wings sauce, but couldn’t find one! Anyone else know of a good, healthy homemade wings sauce recipe?
- Use a homemade ranch dip seasoning. Here’s a great ranch dip recipe I stumbled upon from Happy Fit Mama.
- Serve on whole wheat rolls, or forgo the bread altogether and try a different side. I experimented with these healthy, homemade twice baked potatoes and they were a success!
How to “level down” this recipe:
- I’ve got nothing! This was SUPER easy and delicious (if you like buffalo chicken). A definite keeper!