Today, I had a realization. Just because October is almost over doesn’t mean that pumpkin season is over — THANK GOODNESS. I don’t know why, but I just associate pumpkin with October. Thankfully, it’s perfectly acceptable in November, too! And, that’s a good thing because I have a lot of canned pumpkin on hand and a lot more pumpkin recipes that I want to try (although I don’t know if any of them can top my chocolate chip pumpkin banana bread)…
Maybe it was this realization that made me crave a pumpkin spice smoothie today, even though it’s cold and rainy and anything-but-smoothie weather out right now. Oh well. I’ve had a pretty weird eating day since I slept in this morning, headed to the gym around 9, and didn’t eat breakfast until about 10:45. Then, it was off to church until 3 (I had the good sense to pack some carrots and celery so I didn’t starve!), so once I got home, I was very hungry (and too lazy to cook), so a smoothie and banana it was!
- 1/3 c. skim milk
- 1/4 c. fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 6 ice cubes
- Put everything in blender (in order listed above). Blend until smooth & enjoy!
How to “level up” this recipe:
- Add in about 1/4 c. canned pumpkin or 1/2 banana for added nutrients.
- Throw in a handful of oatmeal or flax seed.
How to “level down” this recipe:
- Add in some pumpkin butter or use flavored yogurt (like vanilla) rather than plain for some more flavor.