Happy Halloween, my friends! With Hurricane Sandy this week, Halloween has seemed to be pushed to the wayside (and understandably so). It’s not a favorite holiday of mine, but this year, I’m super excited for one reason:
$2 boorito day at Chipotle! If you come in dressed in a costume between 4 p.m. and close, you can get a $2 salad, burrito, or taco. Can’t beat that! The only problem with this excitement is that I don’t currently have a costume. Any suggestions for a last minute slacker who needs something in the name of a $2 burrito bowl?
I don’t know what it is, but I’ve been craving some spicy, south-of-the-border food all week! When I was roaming food blogs yesterday, I came across this Chipotle-imitation burrito bowl recipe from Iowa Girl Eats and I instantly knew what I was having for dinner. Delicious! The best part was the fresh pico de gallo I whipped up to top it off…
Can’t beat a recipe with four ingredients that takes about two minutes to make! — especially if you can serve it in a fun way! (Mine is in a hollowed-out avocado skin above.)
Can’t say no pico de gallo
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 large onion (red or white)
- 1 Tbls. freeze-dried cilantro (fresh works too)
- 1 Tbls. lime juice
- Chop your tomato and onion into small squares.
- Combine tomato, onion, and cilantro in bowl. Squeeze lime over top and mix well.
- Enjoy with chips, burritos, taco salads, or just straight from the bowl!
How to “level up” this recipe:
- Add in some chopped avocado as well. Delicious and filling!
How to “level down” this recipe:
- To make it easier, you could use canned chopped tomatoes. Super simple!