Heading to a Thanksgiving meal this week? Want to bring something fresh and healthy to balance out all that turkey and carbs you’re sure to consume? This tasty fall apple salad is sure to impress!
Serves 5 (Double or triple recipe as necessary)
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, sliced
- Half of a large red onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. sliced raw almonds
- Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and spinach.
- Top with onion, apple, raisins, almonds, and parmesan cheese. (If you’re waiting a while before serving, be sure to sprinkle lemon juice over the apple slices to prevent any browning.)
- Serve with balsamic dressing.
How to “level up” this recipe
- Pile on those veggies! I often add carrots and cucumber as well.
- Top with some easy homemade croutons.
How to “level down” this recipe
- This is very simple to add in or take out whatever you want. Make it to suit your tastes!
How are you staying healthy this Thanksgiving? What healthy dish are you providing for your Thanksgiving meal? (I’m making roasted sweet potato wedges!)