My main goal this weekend was to create an award-winning cookie for an office bake-off we’re holding this week. I pondered the Chocolate Peppermint Patty cookie and these Pretzel & Ice Cream Chocolate Chip cookies among others. However, I landed on this Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie — because you can’t go wrong with America’s favorite cookie stuffed inside a Tollhouse classic. Good choice on my part!
So now that your mouth is watering and you’re in the mood for some yummy stuffed cookies, I have to pause and review my weekend full of eats. The cookies are coming, I promise!
Friday night, we went to our first holiday party of the season and I made this double-duty quesadilla casserole. It was delicious, and I definitely recommend this for a simple weeknight meal.
Yesterday was nothing too exciting, although I did have a Italian Chicken Spinach Tortilla Pizza, which was a fun new creation I’ll be sharing on the blog later this week! :)
Today, I woke up all ready for a run with a friend only to discover it was pouring out. No good. So, I activated Plan B and decided to have a little fun with breakfast and try a new recipe before heading to the gym later in the morning. I used this super simple egg white oats recipe from Lindsay over at Live. Love. Nutrition. and will definitely be repeating it!
For lunch, Andy’s parents came down and I enjoyed a delicious Sailor Salad with Blackened Shrimp from Cheeseburger in Paradise. I just love that place! As I’m writing this, I’m enjoying a Pomegranate Chobani — is anyone else obsessed with Chobani?? I could eat them all day long…
Okay, okay, enough rambling! Lessons of the weekend: try the quesadilla casserole, experiment with Egg White Oats, and bring these little gems to your next holiday party or cookie bake-off. You won’t be disappointed.
Stuffed Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
Makes about 18 cookies
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened (see the perfect softened butter trick here!)
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 package of Oreos (I used regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine your softened butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add your two eggs and vanilla extract to butter/sugar combination and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk with a fork until mixed.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet with a mixer.
- Once well blended, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a chocolate chip cookie and place on bottom of Oreo. Scoop out another chocolate chip cookie and place on top of Oreo. Pinch edges until Oreo is sealed. (Tip: I didn’t have an ice cream scoop like the original recipe suggested, so I used a 1/4 c. measuring cup instead, which was definitely a little too large. By the end, I was just taking two balls of dough and forming them around the Oreo until it was covered. The cookie will still be large!)
- Place on parchment paper and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove and place on wire rack to cool.
How to level up this recipe:
- Use reduced-fat Oreos instead of regular.
- Opt for dark chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet.
- Use low-fat butter or substitute just one stick of butter for the two. Consider using applesauce or greek yogurt to help maintain the consistency.
- For the love of your waistline, limit yourself to just one cookie and enjoy every last crumb.
How to level down this recipe:
- Use double-stuffed Oreos or another fun flavor Oreo! (Peanut butter or cake batter would probably be great!)