Good morning, everyone!
As my sister reminded me last night, I’ve been slacking on the blogging front, and unfortunately, she’s right! Luckily, I haven’t been slacking on the cooking/baking front, so I do have a bunch of recipes to share with you over the next few days.
So, let’s rewind to this weekend. Andy & I were set to head up to Philly to spend the weekend with his cousin and her family, so I knew I may not get in my seven mile run that was on the marathon training plan for this weekend. Therefore, I got up early Friday morning, headed to the gym, and got in seven miles on the dreaded treadmill. Although I’d much rather run outside, I actually didn’t mind it and finished in 58:30! Not too bad. Any tips for doing long runs on the dreadmill? Please share!
Although we were supposed to travel on Friday night, the snow detoured us and it was on to Plan B. Redbox to the rescue! We watched these two movies while snuggled up in our nice, warm apartment! I loved Pitch Perfect & the best part was Andy enjoyed it too! Acappella movies aren’t normally his thing, haha.
While we watched movies, I had a craving for Chipotle but since leaving the apartment was pretty much out the question, I decided to improvise. It certainly wasn’t a Chipotle burrito bowl, but it worked!
On Saturday morning, we headed up to Philly and enjoyed a weekend with Andy’s family. They were gracious enough to feed us at every meal…I don’t have any pictures, but we had some eats including great steak avocado wraps, roasted chicken, and Bertucci’s Chicken Milano pizza! I’ve never had Bertucci’s pizza before, but I was definitely a fan. Delicious!
When we finally headed home on Sunday evening, we were both exhausted after a long weekend. It was almost 7 p.m. until we got home, and I wanted something pretty light for dinner. Enter…green smoothie!
Easy Chocolate Green Smoothie
- About 10 ice cubes
- 6 oz. plain greek yogurt (I used 0% Chobani)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I used EAS whey chocolate)
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Enough milk to thin it out (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- In a blender, combine all of the above ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour into a cup, and drink with a straw! (Straws are NOT optional…they make it so much more fun! 🙂
How to level up this recipe:
- For added protein and staying power, include a tbsp. of ground flaxseed or chia seed.
- Add more fruits and veggies! You could easily add half a banana, some fruit, or kale for more nutrition.
How to level down this recipe:
- Can’t stomach the thought of drinking your veggies just yet? Simply leave out the spinach, and substitute a fruit instead.