Since posting about our (cold!) group run and breakfast spread, I’ve been cooking up a storm to prepare food for today and some other things we have going on this week! That means you’ll have lots of recipes coming your way over the next few days!
After spending the day relaxing yesterday (I didn’t change out of my sweats until it was time to leave for church!), we headed to church for an awesome service. Our church purchased a new building and we’re down to the last few weeks in the current space, which is very exciting but also bittersweet.
When we got home from church, I threw together some roasted vegetables from Friday night’s dinner with some sauteed garlic shrimp…
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, cleaned and chopped
- 6 Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 shrimp
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, rinse and cut your vegetables. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp. minced garlic. Toss until vegetables are well-coated, then place on baking pan. Put into oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- While your vegetables are roasting, coat a skillet with cooking spray and add in eight shrimp. Add 1/4 tsp. minced garlic and cook until shrimp are opaque.
- When everything is finished, place in bowl and drizzle with some balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Last night, I also whipped up some no-bake cereal M & M bars and went grocery shopping for today.
This morning, I got up and headed to the gym for a 30-minute elliptical session, this lower ab workout, and arm strengthening workout. My arms were burning by the end!
When I got home, I put on this sweet potato vegetarian chili…once I see how it turns out, I’ll report back! 🙂
Happy Super Bowl Sunday!