Yes, this will be the one and only time I ever use a Napoleon Dynamite reference, but I think it’s more than necessary.
Are any of you able to eat a quesadilla without thinking of Napoleon & his grandmother?
If so, you’re a better person than me.
But, forget that South-of-the-border, Mexican cheesy goodness of a quesadilla you know and love. Give this Italian twist on a quesadilla a chance!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c. fresh spinach
- 1/4 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce
- Sprinkle of oregano
- Sprinkle of basil
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Then toss in your tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, and onion. Cook until onion begins to brown and spinach wilts.
- Meanwhile, prepare your tortilla. Spread the sauce on one half of tortilla, top with cheese, and sprinkle with oregano and basil. Once vegetables are cooked, add the vegetables on top and fold in half.
- Spray your same skillet with more cooking spray. Place tortilla in the middle, flip once, until both sides are lightly browned. Enjoy!
How to “level up” this recipe
- My favorite way to level up — add more veggies! I think some red peppers and mushrooms would be great in this.
How to “level down” this recipe
- Take out any veggies you don’t like and substitute with ones that you do (or none at all — the horror!)
- Use a white tortilla instead of whole wheat.