Ever have those Saturday mornings when you have a big to-do list to tackle but barely feel like getting out of bed? That’s certainly the type of day I’m having! On the agenda for today is completing a 12-miler, cleaning my kitchen, doing some wash, and church later tonight.
Since I don’t want to run, clean, or do wash yet, I’m coming your way with an early morning post! I made this recipe when we had friends over last weekend, and it was a hit. It’s super easy and a great appetizer or part of dinner.
Pepperoni Pizza Balls
Makes 24 balls
Adapted from Lick the Bowl Good
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (I used Tastefully Simple’s Italian Garlic Bread seasoning)
- 3/4 c. skim or 1% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 c. cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375, and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix your flours, baking powder, and Italian season. Next, add milk and egg, and mix well.
- Stir in your pepperoni and cheeses, mix, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon evenly into mini muffin tins. Put in oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until pizza bites are browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, warm up marinara sauce and serve bites with sauce. Enjoy!
How to “level up” this recipe:
- Use turkey pepperoni instead of regular.
- For an extra punch of flavor, add in 1/2 c. chopped red pepper.
How to “level down” this recipe:
- Use all all-purpose flour instead of wheat.