Don’t you just love a weekend that’s filled with good food, friends, and some relaxation? I know I do!
Not only did I enjoy some good eats, I did some serious meal prep for the week. I’m on a roll!
Friday morning started nice and early with a 30-minute treadmill interval workout followed by a lower ab circuit, concluding with this new plank PR…
Whoo-hoo! My previous PR was just over three minutes, so this was a huge improvement!
I had an event to go to for work on Friday, so the day pretty much flew by! When I got home, I made healthy homemade chicken parmesan and some no-bake cereal M n M bars for dessert since we were having friends over. I didn’t snap any photos, but it was a great evening and definitely delicious!
Yesterday morning, I woke up and headed off to my final Saturday morning running group. The weather was perfect, and we got in a three mile run together before turning around to enjoy the most delicious breakfast spread we’ve had all semester!
Fresh fruit salad, waffles, two kinds of frittatas, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and (unpictured) bagels and muffins. It was literally amazing! Here’s my (first) plate…
After our group, I came home, showered, and did some serious meal planning and meal prep for the week. Here’s what’s on my menu for the week:
- Healthy eggplant + mushroom parmesan
- Turkey burgers with avocado and homemade chipotle dressing
- Egg frittatas with mushroom, spinach, and asparagus & sweet potato fries
I actually prepared the eggplant and mushroom parmesan yesterday because it took over about 90 minutes to make from start to finish, and I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to do it this week. I have photos from start to finish, and I’ll be sharing the recipe later this week — trust me when I say, you don’t want to miss it! I may or may not have had a huge piece last night for dinner…and then went back for seconds.
In addition to doing some dinner meal prep, I also spotted some sad looking brown bananas on my counter. Those brown babies became the basis for what may be my new favorite pancake recipe… (and you know how much I love my pancakes)
The basis is a little…unconventional, if you will. Normally I wouldn’t mix cottage cheese and bananas, but trust me when I say you don’t taste the cottage cheese at all! Instead, it gives the pancakes this texture that is thick yet fluffy at the same time.
Banana Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Adapted from this recipe
- 1/2 c. oats (quick cook or old fashion are fine…I used quick cook.)
- 1/2 c. oat flour (OR ground oats)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. flax seed (optional, but I put it in pretty much everything!)
- Preheat a pan or griddle to about 400 degrees and spray with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients until combined with a hand or stand mixer (or immersion blender if you have one).
- Pour about 1/4 c. batter onto heated pan.
- Cook until pancakes begin to bubble around edges and flip once.
- Cook until both sides of pancakes are golden brown.
How to level up this recipe:
- The add ins are endless, I’m sure! Throw in some chopped walnuts or almonds for added protein.
How to level down this recipe:
- Still not convinced you’ll like the cottage cheese in this recipe? No worries, you can sub 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt instead.
- If you don’t have oat flour on hand (or a food processor to make it), you can use 1/2 c. flour of your choice.
Have a great week, everyone! I’ll (hopefully) be back tomorrow with a recap of my LAST long run of marathon training…ahhh, let’s do it!