Happy Hump Day, my friends! In the food blogger world, perhaps it’s more accurate to say Happy WIAW Day? Yes, we’ll go with that!
My What I Ate Wednesday came from last Thursday. Let’s get to it!
Breakfast: Banana egg pancake topped with almond butter, flax, and unsweetened shredded coconut
Morning snack: Orange
Lunch: A delicious mess of a salad! Romaine, spinach, red onion, carrots, broccoli, deli turkey, and pickle topped with balsamic vinaigrette dressing with Trader Joe’s quinoa lentil chips on the side!
Afternoon snack: Chobani Bite Coffee mixed with plain 0% CHO, puffed wheat, and oats
And, then came dinner! After a trip to Trader Joe’s, I had a whole wheat pizza dough I couldn’t wait to use. I had this idea of a white pizza and balsamic glaze, so I threw this together. It was definitely a winner!
Balsamic glazed white pizza
- One whole wheat pizza dough (I used Trader Joe’s pre-made.)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 large roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- Preheat oven according to what pizza dough crust you choose.
- Next, mix your balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and basil, and use a brush to lightly brush top of pizza dough.
- Top balsamic glaze with tomato, spinach, and red onion. Top with cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until crust is cooked and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
How to level up this recipe:
- Use more veggies! I would also love asparagus, yellow pepper, or mushrooms on top of this.
- For a grilled flavor, make your pizza on the grill! (I’m sure this would be phenomenal! I’m sad we don’t have a grill.)
How to level down this recipe:
- Leave off whatever veggies you don’t like.