This week’s eats come from Monday, the day after my marathon. Normally after long runs I’m absolutely ravenous, which didn’t seem the case on Monday…however, I still got in lots of recovery carbs and protein (and some treats!) to celebrate the end of my journey to 26.2!
I started the day off with “Apple Pie Oats”…
- 1/2 c. oats
- 2/3 c. liquid (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk; you can use a combo of milk + water if you’d like)
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 small apple, chopped (I kept the skin on, but that’s optional.)
- In a small saucepan, combine oats and liquid over medium-high heat. Stir regularly.
- Once the liquid begins to be absorbed, add in your egg white and apples and cook for about a minute or until egg is cooked throughout.
- Stir in your tablespoon of flaxseed and mix well. Remove from heat and serve — preferably with a big ol’ scoop of nut butter!
After breakfast, I had a pretty busy day so I snapped my eats on the go!
Morning snack: Baby carrots
Lunch: One large sweet potato with sauteed peppers, corn, and black beans served with fresh pico de gallo and unpictured TJ’s quinoa lentil chips
Afternoon snack: I had an Apple CHO all ready to go, but when someone came back with half price Starbucks fraps for the office, I couldn’t resist! I had a Mocha Cookie Crumble and it. was. phenomenal. (Almost cherry shaved ice status!)
Dinner: 1/2 c. whole wheat angel hair pasta with shrimp sauteed in 1/2 tbsp. butter + 1/4 tsp. garlic + steamed broccoli + balsamic vinegar
Evening snacks: A small homemade granola square sent from my mother-in-law (amazing!) and part of the fruit from an Edible Arrangement I received as a congrats on my marathon! 🙂 (Dollop of plain 0% CHO on the side)
Unpictured: Lots of water! In retrospect, I should have had some Gatorade as well to replenish the electrolytes, as I was feeling pretty sloggish still on Tuesday morning!
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten this week?