I promised I wouldn’t mention the “M” word today, so we’re turning out attention to a summery Fit Friday Find!
Okay, so I didn’t really “find” any revolutionary foods. I’m talking pretty basic stuff here: strawberries, peanut butter, cottage cheese. However, what’s revolutionary is how amazing these things are altogether…
Seriously drool-worthy, right?
I call it healthy PB & (strawberry) J bowl. I actually don’t think you even need to like cottage cheese to eat this. And, if you don’t believe me, fine. Eat it with some plain greek yogurt. I think you’ll still be impressed.
I think the secret is the dollop of homemade strawberry jam I added. It lightly coats the strawberries and adds that jelly consistently necessary to call something “PB & J.”
I don’t even think this qualifies as a “recipe,” more as just like the most simple, summery, delicious snack you’re going to eat all week. But, for those of you that like to follow directions, here you go…
Healthy PB & (Strawberry) J Bowl
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 c. low-fat or reduced sodium cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. homemade strawberry jelly (optional, but amazing)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl. Mix. Eat.
See, told ya it was simple!
How to level up this recipe:
- For added protein, sprinkle with vanilla protein powder or some flax seed.
How to level down this recipe:
- Throw in some chocolate chips or sprinkle with sugar for added sweetness.
What types of summery snacks do you love?