What are weekends good for besides making pancakes?
Okay, well, weekends are certainly good for a lot of things, but experimenting with pancake recipes definitely tops my list! I did some experimenting of my own yesterday morning and developed a pretty delicious concoction that’s easy to recreate…even when you’re short on time on a weekday morning!
- 6 oz. greek yogurt (I used part vanilla, part plain Chobani.)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. oat flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- Preheat a griddle or large pan and spray with cooking spray (or coconut oil).
- In a bowl, combine your greek yogurt, egg, oat flour, and baking soda. Combine until well mixed. (Batter will be thick.)
- Drop batter on to heated griddle (or pan). Flip once, and remove once cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine your chopped apple and shake cinnamon over top. Place in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Divide spiced apples evenly over pancakes. Top pancakes with nut butter, maple syrup, or seeds of choice. Enjoy!
How to level up this recipe:
- For added fiber and protein, add in one tablespoon of flax seed to the batter.
How to level down this recipe:
- Use regular white flour instead of oat flour.
How was your weekend? Did you experiment with any good recipes? I’ll be back later this week with a recap of a fun wedding I had the opportunity to attend this weekend and another good recipe or two!