My mother-in-law is awesome! She loves cooking and baking healthy creations just like I do, so we inevitably make a thing or two when we’re together.
I originally made my Sweet, Savory, and Tart Granola Bars for her since I knew she was a big fan of those from Trader Joe’s, and this weekend, we decided to try our hand together at re-creating True North Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters.
First up, we chopped our nuts (we used pecans, almonds, and cashews, but you can use whatever you please!) into fairly large pieces.
Next, we placed our chopped nuts in a bowl and mixed them together.
We then poured the mixture on to our baking sheet with parchment paper and got them in the oven!
And wha-la! Almond pecan cashew clusters…a.k.a clusters of goodness.
Clusters of Goodness
- 6 tbsp. brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. almonds, chopped
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- 1 c. cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your chopped almonds, pecans, and cashews (or other nuts of your choice) into a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, add brown rice syrup, agave syrup, and honey. Pour liquid mixture over top of nuts and mix well.
- Pour nut mixture on to baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes. Before nut mixture hardens completely, break off into small clusters and enjoy!
How to level up this recipe:
- Add more nutrients by adding in some pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and/or Brazilian nuts.
How to level down this recipe:
- It’s not necessarily a “level down,” but add pure maple syrup in place of some of the brown rice syrup for a thicker, but richer flavor