This weekend literally flew by — don’t they all? Can’t believe that I’m heading back to work in a few short hours!
I ended up playing a lot of catch up this weekend, doing things like cleaning, grocery shopping, and tackling my inbox. It was much needed!
After church today, I headed to Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods with a friend and stocked up on some favorites. (See my TJ’s staples here!)
When I got home, I had one thing in mind: food prep!
Here’s what’s on my meal plan for the week:
- Avocado Black Bean Burgers with roasted sweet potatoes
- Tilipia with pepper quinoa + strawberry feta salad
- Chicken & Chickpea skillet
Therefore, I made…
- Avocado Black Bean Burgers (portioned them out over a bed of spinach with homemade chipotle dressing)
- Roasted brussell sprouts (for sides)
- Roasted sweet potatoes (for sides)
- Pepper quinoa (1/2 c. cooked quinoa + red onion + orange and red peppers)
- Quinoa (for my chicken & chickpea dish)
- Healthy chocolate chip cookies for the hubby (can’t wait to share this recipe!)
- Healthy whole wheat pizza for the hubby
I also put together some puffed wheat + raw oats in bags to top greek yogurt this week. My house is now about 1,000 degrees from running my oven, but two hours of prep saves me a ton of time throughout the week, so it’s all worth it!
Do you do Sunday food prep?