This looks so good that I figured it was more beneficial to start this post with a picture rather than words.
If I had to use words to describe this, I think I’d go with “filling but light.” Or “absolutely delicious.” Wouldn’t you agree?
This is a super easy meal that comes together in a flash and combines a healthy amount of veggies and protein. Enjoy!
Spicy turkey vegetable quinoa
- 1 lb. ground turkey, cooked
- 3/4 c. quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups peppers (color of choice)
- 1/2 c. corn (I used frozen)
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray. Crumble in your ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, boil 1 1/2 c. water with 3/4 c. quinoa, stirring frequently until all water is absorbed.
- Once turkey is almost cooked, add in peppers and corns. Cook for about five minutes until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add in can of fire-roasted tomatoes and cooked quinoa. Stir in spices.
- Simmer for about five minutes, until all vegetables are heated through.
How to level up this recipe:
- To make this vegetarian, add 1 can of black beans instead of ground turkey.
- Top with some avocado for a bit of healthy fats.
How to level down this recipe:
- Use brown rice instead of quinoa.
- For added flavor, top with salsa and/or a dollop of plain greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream!